学习支持 At SSFS
The Learning Resource Collaborative (LRC) is a partnership of professionals at 桑迪的春天 Friends School committed to the 能力, 成功, 快乐 of all learners in the SSFS community.
SSFS recognizes that some students, even highly capable learners, may need additional academic supports, such as organizational assistance or learning/processing accommodations, to fully develop their natural talents. Through these supports, students create not only academic 成功 but also develop self-awareness, 维护自己的权利, 和独立. The Learning Resource Collaborative at SSFS is designed to help provide and monitor these supports.
The Flex项目 incorporates a coaching model in an after-school and evening schedule that is adaptable to the age and needs of the student. This supplemental program is intended to complement the academic supports given students by their teachers and advisors.
What is the Learning Resource Collaborative?
The Learning Resource Collaborative (LRC) is a partnership of professionals at 桑迪的春天 Friends School committed to the 能力, 成功, 快乐 of all learners in the SSFS community. It is a comprehensive, multi-disciplinary student support system that serves as an expanded program for supporting student learning in both the day and residential programs in order to empower students for college and beyond.
In-School Student Services
Some of the student supports and services at SSFS (which may vary by division) include the following:
- 学术帮助 & Tutorial times built into the daily academic schedule
- Licensed counselors in each division, in the dorm
- Learning specialists in each division
- In-class accommodations
- Support for standardized testing accommodations
- Multifaceted, individualized college counseling support
The Learning Resource Collaborative provides the following core services to all SSFS students and their families:
- Consultation with parents, students, teachers, outside professionals about learning needs
- Assistance with the identification of learning differences
- Development of strategies with students to help them adapt to their learning styles
- Referrals to outside resources (tutors, speech and language therapists, psycho/educational testing services, 等.根据需要)
- Support for teachers for implementing recommendations and accommodations
- Ongoing 教师/student workshops and training on how students learn and study